Happy days are here. I’ve been given the green light to ‘tart up’ our downstairs bathroom. That’s the good news. The not so good news is that the bathroom looks like a nineties nightmare. Peach tiles with feature tiles and border tiles to match. They even stuck a tile to the vanity door, urgh! I’m sure it was the height of fashion back in 1992, however that ship has sailed and it’s time I put my own stamp on it! Here are some pictures.
This is what we are dealing with here. The bathroom has underfloor heating which is working and we would like to keep. It also has a heated towel rail which is a keeper.
So here’s my plan:
- Paint floors, this should be interesting as I’ve never done this before. I want to keep the underfloor heating so the tiles have to stay.
- Shiplap and/or paint the walls, (obviously no shiplap in wet areas).
- Remove the row of mirrored cabinets and hope to the heavens that there are no nasty surprises behind them. I understand they are great for storage but I am yet to meet anyone who requires 5 shaving cabinets in their bathroom.
- The spa is staying its white and not a problem, however, on a side note, its deep enough to drown in!
- The shower is staying.
- The vanity is staying, I will be changing the fronts of the cabinets. I will also been replacing the taps on the vanity. Here’s a pic of the ones I have ordered.
That’s my list thus far. Off to Pinterest I go for some inspiration. Check these out…
- Painting the tiles
Here’s some eye candy!
Watch this space for my reveal. Thanks for reading.
Images from Home Beautiful, Amazing Interior Design, Bella Mumma and Houzz.